We love what we do! It's our vision to instill the love of music, the fun of movement, and the freedom of self-expression to all the children-and parents, too-that we teach.
Our Proficiency in Music Education
Music Rhapsody began its groundbreaking work in early childhood music education at a time when few programs of this kind were offered in the U.S. We were there at the beginning-and we're still here more than 29 years later, with a proven track record of success in teaching music and movement, from babies to teens. And we do it all in a way that makes it fun and rewarding to learn music!
The Music Rhapsody difference can be summed up in:
- Our record of success and longevity
- Our program that is based on the innovative and successful Orff Schulwerk approach to music education-with this active approach as the foundation, we use singing, instruments, movement, and improvisation to make music come alive
- Our carefully developed curriculum, which reflects our commitment to excellence
- Our comprehensive and continuous schedule of classes that offer something unique and musically educational for every age group, from babies to teens, including 6th to 8th grade ensembles and jazz sessions (some students have been with us for as many as 13 years!)
- Our products that are of the highest quality-real instruments, not toys-backed and endorsed by world leading manufacturers in percussion and print music
- Our enthusiastic staff of highly qualified and well-trained music education professionals-who are dedicated to offering students at every level developmentally appropriate classes and the most rewarding experience in making music
- Many years of encouraging testimonials from satisfied customers/parents
- We make learning music FUN!
The Music Rhapsody Orff Schulwerk Approach
Orff Schulwerk is a proven and exciting approach to teaching music to children. It gets its unusual name from Carl Orff, the European composer who created this teaching approach along with Gunild Keetman. Based on things children like to do-sing, chant rhymes,dance, and play instruments-Orff develops creativity and imagination. The Orff melody instruments are very high quality and include xylophones, glockenspiels, and metallophones as well as recorder and percussion instruments of all types. Children experience the joy of making music together in a group as they learn the fundamentals of music.
More great benefits with Orff!
Children become sensitive listeners, considerate participants, and successful musicians. The use of language, movement, rhythm and melody in a game-like atmosphere develops mental concentration, coordination, self-concept and creativity, while building an excellent foundation for future musical pursuits.
Music Rhapsody music education benefits include:
- A program that gives your child a head start and serves as an important link to future success
- Enhancing brain development through the proven, positive effects of music
- Developing physical motor skills through movement and playing of music instruments
- Providing a dramatic impact on language development, and improving vocal and speech development through singing
- Developing social skills and cooperation through participation in group dancing and musical games
- Use of timing activities to develop coordination, body awareness, and spatial concepts
- Use of repeating patterns and counting beats to develop math and literacy skills
- Improved listening and concentration skills
- Increase of self-esteem
- Better quality of life!