We love what we do! It's our vision to instill the love of music, the fun of movement, and the freedom of self-expression to all the children-and parents, too-that we teach.
Our Proficiency in Music Education
Music Rhapsody began its groundbreaking work in early childhood music education at a time when few programs of this kind were offered in the U.S. We were there at the beginning-and we're still here more than 29 years later, with a proven track record of success in teaching music and movement, from babies to teens. And we do it all in a way that makes it fun and rewarding to learn music!
The Music Rhapsody difference can be summed up in:
- Our record of success and longevity
- Our program that is based on the innovative and successful Orff Schulwerk approach to music education-with this active approach as the foundation, we use singing, instruments, movement, and improvisation to make music come alive
- Our carefully developed curriculum, which reflects our commitment to excellence
- Our comprehensive and continuous schedule of classes that offer something unique and musically educational for every age group, from babies to teens, including 6th to 8th grade ensembles and jazz sessions (some students have been with us for as many as 13 years!)
- Our products that are of the highest quality-real instruments, not toys-backed and endorsed by world leading manufacturers in percussion and print music
- Our enthusiastic staff of highly qualified and well-trained music education professionals-who are dedicated to offering students at every level developmentally appropriate classes and the most rewarding experience in making music
- Many years of encouraging testimonials from satisfied customers/parents
- We make learning music FUN!
The Music Rhapsody Orff Schulwerk Approach
Orff Schulwerk is a proven and exciting approach to teaching music to children. It gets its unusual name from Carl Orff, the European composer who created this teaching approach along with Gunild Keetman. Based on things children like to do-sing, chant rhymes,dance, and play instruments-Orff develops creativity and imagination. The Orff melody instruments are very high quality and include xylophones, glockenspiels, and metallophones as well as recorder and percussion instruments of all types. Children experience the joy of making music together in a group as they learn the fundamentals of music.
More great benefits with Orff!
Children become sensitive listeners, considerate participants, and successful musicians. The use of language, movement, rhythm and melody in a game-like atmosphere develops mental concentration, coordination, self-concept and creativity, while building an excellent foundation for future musical pursuits.
Music Rhapsody music education benefits include:
- A program that gives your child a head start and serves as an important link to future success
- Enhancing brain development through the proven, positive effects of music
- Developing physical motor skills through movement and playing of music instruments
- Providing a dramatic impact on language development, and improving vocal and speech development through singing
- Developing social skills and cooperation through participation in group dancing and musical games
- Use of timing activities to develop coordination, body awareness, and spatial concepts
- Use of repeating patterns and counting beats to develop math and literacy skills
- Improved listening and concentration skills
- Increase of self-esteem
- Better quality of life!
The Music Rhapsody music education menu offers:
Weekly Music Classes
(Music Rhapsody locations)
Active and fun approach teaches music through singing, dance, movement, and instrument playing, following the proven Orff Schulwerk approach.
New students are welcome to join anytime as along as there is an opening. Tuition will be prorated. To get a preview by visiting a class, call 310-376-8646.
Concerts take place in June for all Music Rhapsody students ages 4-5 and up. The recorder/Orff ensemble has many performances throughout the year. Music Rhapsody teachers and other artists also perform concerts.
Babies to 8th grade
School Music Programs (school locations)
Music Rhapsody classes, as described above, are offered at many local schools — preschools, elementary schools, and daycare centers — on a weekly basis.
|Toddlers to 8th grade||
|Workshops are presented to teachers, parents, and/or children, tailored to fit the needs of the individual school. We take into consideration school instruments and budget available and whether workshops are geared to teachers, students, or both. Written materials are provided.||Depends on workshop||
Summer Music Classes
Summer fun for children through weekly music classes, summer day camps and jazz camps. Music camps are held in July and August (registration is in March).
|Babies to teens||
Manhattan Beach and Redondo
|Music Products||High quality music products for live music making and great listening at home. High-quality, real instruments (not toys), puppets, felts, CDs, DVDs, and books. A great place for musical shopping for teachers, parents, and children!||All ages||1603 Aviation Blvd. in Redondo Beach or on our website online|
|Teacher Training Program||The Simply Music Rhapsody Teacher Training Program trains teachers in music and movement, spanning from babies to teens. Lectures and hands-on activities result in thorough training and exposure to early childhood music education.||Various ages||Various U.S. and worldwide locations|
|Something unique and musically educational for every age group. Includes drum circles, Orff and percussion instruments, dance and movement, singing, instrument making, musical storytelling, puppets, props, and more! To book your special event, call 310-376-8646.||Adults, all ages||Redondo Beach|
|Parties||Fun and exciting parties for children with the Music Rhapsody team! Music activities, instruments, and puppets are just some of the options at a Music Rhapsody party. For information and to schedule a party, call 310-376-8646.||Various ages||Your choice of location|